Hi everyone! My name is Amina Harvey and I am a second year student

Hi everyone! My name is Amina Harvey and I am a second year student.

About Me: After graduating from Hampton University in 2004 I moved to New York where I was an Assistant Manager at Bloomingdale’s flagship store for two years. I left New York for Washington, D.C. where I helped open and manage a Ralph Lauren store for several months. After that, it was off to Charlotte, NC to become an Assistant Buyer for Belk Department Stores.

Although I was a business management major in undergrad, I was at a great stopping point in my career and decided to go back to school so that I could learn the necessary skills to enter the marketing industry. My interest is in brand management, specifically luxury brand management. Last year I founded a club at Tulane, The Retail & Luxury Goods Association, with the hope of creating awareness of all the great careers in this industry.

When I’m not studying, I’m actively involved in many organizations on campus and in the community. I’m really excited that Will asked me to blog, as it was the blog that helped me decide that Tulane was the right choice for me. Hopefully I can give everyone some insight as to what the Freeman experience is truly like for a first year student. Any questions, or comments feel free to contact me at aharvey@tulane.edu.

Tags: