The Apartment Search

We have received some questions about the housing search so I thought I would take some of my Spring Break time to share my experience with you.  It was about this time last year that I began the housing search.  While, I was a bit on the early side I was quite excited to move and ready to get a head start on things.  Looking for an apartment in New Orleans can be a bit difficult from afar but there are plenty of people here at school to help you.

Myself and most of my classmates live within walking or biking distance to the school.  It’s nice not to have to deal with parking or driving and it makes it easy to escape home for a quick break between classes.  If possible, I would suggest you make a trip here in April, May or June and just walk/drive around the areas you are interested in living. Many landlords only advertise with a sign or put something in the local paper so a visit is the most beneficial.

However, if a visit is not possible, you can check out Craigslist or contact Linda Ricks at admissions.  She has a list of apartments that Business students have rented in the past and she can help locate a great apartment for you.  Also, if you locate an apartment and are unsure if it is in a safe neighborhood or the deal just seems to good to be true, feel free to contact me and I will have no problem running by the place to check it out for you.  Many people live East of campus between Magazine St. and Claiborne Ave.  But, there are also other great areas to find a place to live.

Happy House Hunting.

-Eric