Back to New Orleans and Tulane

Hello All!

My name is Meghan; I am a first year MBA/MHA student. (That second degree is a Master of Healthcare Administration that I am pursuing through the Tulane School of Public Health.)  I’m excited to be blogging about my Tulane and New Orleans experiences, and hope that you will feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

I grew up in Massachusetts, but came down to New Orleans in 2001 to go to Tulane for my undergraduate degree.  Although I left New Orleans after graduating in May 2005, I decided to return to Louisiana to help with the recovery effort after Katrina.  I spent a year working as an Americorps hurricane relief coordinator, and then settled in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (about 90 minutes west of New Orleans) for a few years, where I worked as a program coordinator at a women’s health clinic and then an obesity research institution. 

To me, it is important that my career afford me the opportunity to give back to my community in a very direct way.  I was really able to find a nice balance between my career goals and my personal expectations in the healthcare sector.  That said, I knew that I would need to go back to school to take my career to the next level.

So now…back to New Orleans and Tulane – and I am thrilled to be back!  There are so many wonderful things going on at Freeman School and throughout the city, and I can’t wait to share them with you! 

Best,

Meghan Greeley

mgreeley@tulane.edu