Community

Community, Experience, Global, Master of Business Administration, Programs

A Rare Look into Thailand’s Hill Tribe People

After an interesting and educational week in Shanghai and Xiamen for our Global MBA project in China, we headed to Chaing Mai, Thailand. This area of Thailand was a short airplane ride from Shanghai and full of amazing experiences. One notable experience was our time with the hill tribe people, […]

May 9, 2016 ×

Community, Experience, Finance, Master of Business Administration

Learning in the Real World

It is a commonly held belief that experiential learning is one of the best ways to learn a concept. By applying what you have learned in the classroom and interacting with it in a real and impressionable way, you are more likely to learn that knowledge or concept. The Research […]

May 9, 2016 ×

Community, Experience, Master of Business Administration, New Orleans

Two Amazing Years in New Orleans

I set foot in New Orleans on a warm summer evening 22 months ago. Although I was in the U.S. many times before, it was my first time in the world famous city of New Orleans (or Nola as many like to call it). The culture shock was immediate. It […]

May 9, 2016 ×

Community, Experience, Global, Programs

An Inside Look at Top Lockers

Any business education is incomplete without hands on learning to compliment classroom discussion. Through three international trips to Italy, Argentina, and China, the Tulane MBA program offers students the ability to work closely with various companies and organizations in order to get an inside glimpse at businesses of varying sizes and industries. The class […]

May 9, 2016 ×

Community, Experience, Featured, Global, Programs

Global Leadership in China

Hello, everyone.  I am Steve, a second-year MBA from South Korea.  It has been almost two years since I began studying here in New Orleans, and now I am waiting for the graduation ceremony held two weeks later.  When I look back on the past two years, the time seems […]

April 28, 2016 ×

Community, Experience, Featured, Global, Programs

An opportunity to reconsider China

An opportunity to reconsider China

The final MBA Global Leadership IV trip for China was one of my challenges and brilliant memories in my MBA life. By studying all classes’ materials and learning cultural differences in the business for China, I was confident to visit Chinese cities and local companies. Furthermore, I had a lot […]

April 28, 2016 ×

Community, Experience, Featured, Programs

Some benefits of dual degrees

Making the decision to get a dual degree, whether it be MD/MBA, JD/MBA, or any other combination is not one that comes easily.  There are numerous factors to consider:  the additional time; the additional coursework; the additional front end cost; the opportunity cost of another year out of the working […]

April 28, 2016 ×

Community, Experience, Master of Management, New Orleans

Real World Ready

Real World Ready

Hi there! I’m Katherine Klagholz from Monroe, LA and I graduated from Tulane in May 2015 with a double major in Political Science and International Development and a minor in Social Innovation/Social Entrepreneurship. As a current Master of Management student, I can fully say that this program has been a […]

January 13, 2016 ×

Community, Experience, Master of Management, New Orleans

First Semester: Christine Swinson

First Semester: Christine Swinson

When I think back to fall of my senior year of undergraduate I remember many of my friends were beginning to apply for jobs while others had already accepted positions and I was thinking of taking a completely different route. I didn’t feel quite ready to enter the “real world” […]

January 11, 2016 ×

Community, Experience, Featured, Master of Management, Programs

Leadership, Teamwork, and Business

Leadership, Teamwork, and Business

The MMG Program was my first contact with Tulane and the A.B. Freeman School of Business. I graduated from Xavier University of Louisiana and most of my classmates in this program were Tulane graduates. So unlike most of my peers, stepping onto campus that first day for orientation was similar […]

January 6, 2016 ×