Community

Community, Experience, Featured, Master of Management, Programs

Student Experience: Markea Gilbert

Student Experience: Markea Gilbert

When I was an undergraduate senior about to graduate with a bachelor’s degree in business management, I was introduced to the Master of Management program by a professor. I had not seriously thought about attending graduate school, but the professor made it seem like a good idea so I started […]

January 5, 2016 ×

Hannah Kaufman (left) with classmates

My First Semester Renaissance

My path to graduate school has been unconventional.  With a long standing indifference at best to school, the last thing I thought I would be doing my senior year was writing an application.  However, as I pack for my upcoming trip abroad I can’t help but recall the beginning and […]

December 30, 2015 ×

Makayla Barton – Master of Management

Makayla Barton – Master of Management

Going to graduate school was never part of my plan when I was an undergraduate. I always assumed that I would take the “normal” course of graduating, getting a job, and moving into the so called “real world”. I studied Public Health and Environmental Studies for my undergraduate degree, and […]

November 23, 2015 ×

Community, Experience, Featured, Master of Management in Energy, Programs

Morgan Stanley’s Grant Brady and Tripp Evans Join MME Students in Trading Simulation

Last Thursday, The Tulane Energy Institute and Tulane Executive Speaker Series were pleased to welcome Grant Brady and Tripp Evans from Morgan Stanley to discuss their Commodities group and opportunities within Morgan Stanley. That evening, the Energy Fundamentals and Trading course taught by professor John Foreman had the opportunity to […]

November 19, 2015 ×

Community, Experience, Featured, Finance, New Orleans, Programs

Professor Takes Homecoming Visitors On Tour of Economy

A speaker series during Homecoming festivities featured a talk by Peter Ricchiuti, the Freeman School of Business professor and economist, who took visitors on a whirlwind and lighthearted tour of the economy and stock market. Read more on the Tulane blog.

November 12, 2015 ×

Community, Experience, Featured, Master of Management in Energy, New Orleans, Programs

Professor Takes Homecoming Visitors On Tour of Economy

A speaker series during Homecoming festivities featured a talk by Peter Ricchiuti, the Freeman School of Business professor and economist, who took visitors on a whirlwind and lighthearted tour of the economy and stock market. Read more on the Tulane blog.

November 12, 2015 ×

BP Returns to Tulane

BP recruiters Tony Valente and Louis Bergsman visited the Tulane campus to conduct a trading simulation and discuss BP’s Trader Development Program (TDP) with the Freeman School of Business. The TDP is a three year rotational program that focuses on doing the job at hand, but always having questions. As […]

October 8, 2015 ×

Larry Ornstein, Former CFO of the Refining & Marketing Division at Hess Corporation, Lectures the Energy Students

Professor Eric Smith’s Energy Markets, Institutions, and Policy class had the pleasure of hosting Larry Ornstein, former Senior Vice President and CFO of the Refining & Marketing division at Hess Corporation. Mr. Ornstein’s presentation was titled “Evolution of a Joint Venture” where he detailed the story of the Hess refinery […]

September 21, 2015 ×

How the MME Program Prepared Me for my Job at Bloomberg

I recently graduated from the Masters of Management in Energy program at Tulane and am currently five weeks into my job at Bloomberg. I’ve done some reflection on how my education has prepared me for my position in financial sales and analytics and my career. My current job starts with […]

August 25, 2015 ×

Community, Featured, Global, Master of Management, Programs

Yiyi Tang – Master of Management

Yiyi Tang – Master of Management

My name is Yiyi Tang. I’m from Shanghai, China. I’ve just finished my undergraduate of Japanese Business in Shanghai Lixin University of Commerce. Now I’m studying Master of Management (MMG) at Tulane University. MMG is kind of like one of my life’s surprise gifts to me not only because it’s […]

August 25, 2015 ×