Marathon Capital Women’s Day 2022

Marathon Capital Women's Day 2022

Earlier this month, I was one of 28 women from energy and sustainability-related programs across the country invited to Marathon Capital’s headquarters in Chicago to participate in Woman’s Day 2022, an annual event that allows invitees to explore financial careers within the clean energy, sustainable technologies, and infrastructure markets. As a Master of Management in Energy student at the Freeman School of Business, this was a great opportunity for me to demonstrate my interest in energy and sustainability and its intersection with investment banking and financial services. It gave me a chance to engage with women at the company to learn about their career paths and network with firm leadership.

Participating in Women’s Day enabled me to learn, explore and network. All the conferences and panels were thought-provoking and illustrative, and I was able to dive into the investment banking industry and discover Marathon’s core business and purpose.

Marathon Capital is growing exponentially and creating value for our society by combining specialized knowledge in energy, sustainable technologies and infrastructure markets with financial expertise in investment banking. By meeting senior leadership in different panels and informal conversations, I could better understand their career paths as bankers and as women leaders in finance. It was the experience of a lifetime.

Monica headshot— Monica Maria Patino (MME ’23)

To learn more about the Master of Management of Energy degree program, visit https://freeman.tulane.edu/graduate/master-management-energy.