Meet the MBA Class of 2024: Sydney Trainor

Sydney Trainor (MBA ’24)

photo of Sydney TrainorHometown, State, and Country…or where did you grow up?

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Educational Background

Louisiana State University, Bachelor of Science in Finance

What is a fun fact about you?

I absolutely love to travel, and I have bungee-jumped off the second-tallest bridge in the world.

Tell us about your work experience. What you are most proud of?

During my senior year at LSU, I was a bookkeeper and administrative assistant for a non-profit organization, Manship Theatre, and I absolutely loved being able to work with the administrative team to see how they gained funding and made their events stand out from other non-profits in the area. I also worked at a small, local business for all of college. It was a toy store called Victoria’s Toy Station, and I loved the personable aspect of it. We knew basically everyone who came in the store, how old their children or grandchildren were and what kind of toys they would like. Working at a small business taught me the importance of personal relationships with customers.

Why are you pursuing your MBA?

I am pursuing my MBA to gain further knowledge from professionals, and I really want to fine-tune my skills. I think this MBA will help me find not only a career in which I can excel but also a career I will really love.

What attracted you to Freeman? What do you hope to achieve here?

I was attracted to Freeman because of its amazing reputation. I hope to be another Tulane graduate that has an outstanding career that helps uphold the reputation.

Where do you hope to be in five years?

In five years, I hope to be in a career that I truly have a passion for. The saying “you never work a day in your life if you love what you do” really inspires me to find a career that enables this for myself.

What do you like to do in your spare time/hobbies?

In my spare time, I like spending time with friends and family as well as going to the gym and trying new restaurants.

Learn more about the Full-Time MBA program.

Tags: