Former Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette honored in Washington

By Pierre Conner, executive director, Tulane Energy Institute

Yesterday, I was pleased to represent Tulane, the A. B. Freeman School of Business and the Tulane Energy Institute in Washington D.C. at the portrait unveiling of the 15th Secretary of the Department of Energy, Dan Brouillette. A Louisiana native and current Freeman School Executive MBA student, Dan was sworn in as secretary of the Department of Energy in December 2019 and served until January 2021. The Department of Energy is one of the most vital departments in our government, helping to ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions. During his tenure, Dan oversaw many innovations at the DOE, and I was proud to be there to see him honored.

The ceremony was attended by many government and business officials with ties to energy, and many of them recognized the work we’re doing here at Freeman and the Tulane Energy Institute. I was able to connect with former Louisiana Sen. Mary Landrieu, former Texas Gov. and Energy Secretary Rick Perry, Spencer Stuart partner Jeff Hyler (MBA ’97) and several other Tulane alumni. While I was in Washington, I also met with members of the office of Sen. Bill Cassidy and his energy policy advisor.