MBA Class of ’25: Samantha Rubin

headshot of Samantha Rubin

Samantha Rubin (MBA ’25)
Delray Beach, Florida

What is a fun fact about you?
I have a twin brother and I am 29 minutes older than him. While at Florida State University for Undergrad, I would always randomly run into him on campus.

From your internship or work experience, what are you most proud of?
I was a summer intern at Lion Country Safari, a drive-through zoo in South Florida. The zoo is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums which, according to AZA, less than 10% of zoos and aquariums achieve. As the Marketing and Education Intern, two of my main roles on the marketing side were assisting with designing marketing emails, and leading two Facebook campaigns. Although I did a lot at the zoo, the most exciting part of my job was driving out into the park and taking photos of the animals to be used for future social media content. The example I am most proud of is International Ungulate Day. I wrote the copy for the event description which was submitted to the Palm Beach County Cultural Council and posted onto Lion Country Safari’s Facebook Page. The best part, however, was my supervisor allowing me to get into the back of a pick-up truck with her to take go-pro videos of some of the animals to post for the event.

Why are you pursuing your MBA?
I am pursuing my MBA because I want to expand my skillset beyond the realm of my undergraduate degree. While Marketing is my intended career path, it is so important to understand the inner workings of the business industry as a whole. I feel a broader knowledge of the many facets of business will allow me to be the best team-player and professional that I can be. Everyone brings their own unique perspective and insights to the table and I am excited to enter a collaborative atmosphere. The chance to learn from industry professionals, professors, and candidates of all ages is an invaluable opportunity to grow as both a business professional and a person.

What attracted you to Freeman? What do you hope to achieve here?
What attracted me to Freeman was the curriculum. The decision to get a further degree is a complex one, and a curriculum that was newly reworked to pay mind to our modern, ever-changing world stood out amongst the other programs I was looking at. I hope that through my experiences while at Tulane, both in and out of the classroom, I will expand my knowledge and expertise of my chosen industry, but also have the opportunity to positively impact the community on campus and beyond.

Where do you hope to be in five years?
In 5 years I would like to be pursuing a career in the marketing industry, specifically in digital marketing. I am interested in Consumer Products and my hope for 5 years from now is to be at a company that challenges me to continously grow into a better marketer each day. In 5 years I also hope to continue finding ways to get involved in the community, wherever I end up living.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
I take every opportunity I have to be creative. I love to draw and paint, mostly pictures of animals. This began with portraits of my own dogs and occasional sketches of the animals I saw at the zoo during my lunch breaks (I was even asked to paint a portrait of a giraffe for the Education Department). I love painting for my friends. During my undergraduate degree, I also took a year of pottery classes. Most recently, alongside continuing to draw and paint, I started learning fiber art and I now make custom pillows for fun. Other than art, I love photography and writing.

Learn more about the full-time MBA program.