Graduation Spotlight: Anna Bromfeld (BSM ’24)

Name: Anna Bromfeld

Describe yourself in 15 words or less: Passionate and outgoing businesswoman/musician with a love for adventure and a true nerd at heart.

Fun fact: I’ve been playing classical flute since I was nine years old. I played competitively for years and am currently principal flute in the Tulane Orchestra. When I was 12 years old my teacher wouldn’t let me join my school’s jazz band on flute, so I taught myself how to play alto saxophone and worked my way to lead alto by the time I was 14. I also play piccolo and a little clarinet as well. 

Hometown: Woodmere, NY

Major: Management and Marketing

Favorite Business Course: Student Venture Accelerator 1 and 2

Extracurricular Activities, Community Work and Leadership Roles During College:

• TAMID at Tulane
    • President: 2023-2024
    • Director of Consulting: 2022-2023
    • Project Manager: 2021-2022
    • TAMID Nationals Summer Fellow 2022
  • Tulane Orchestra
    • Principal Flute: 2021-2024
  • Sigma Delta Tau
    • Philanthropy Chair: Spring 2022
    • Assistant Recruitment Chair: Fall 2022
  • The Green Project
    • Participated in Tier-2 Service-learning course for 20 hours of community service paired with Management of Tech and Innovation course.
  • Awards
    • Distinguished Founders Award Recipient (covering 38% of academic expenses)
    • Tulane Honors Program member
    • Selected to Dean’s List seven out of seven semesters.
  • Other Extracurriculars/Interests
    • Traveling, reading, playing tennis, going to the gym, going to the beach, trying new restaurants, and spending time with friends and family

Internships:

• American Portfolios Financial Services, Marketing & Corporate Communications Intern, Summer 2020 (Remote)
  • Care, Digital Marketing & Business Development Intern (TAMID Fellow), Summer 2022 (Tel Aviv, Israel)
  • Masthead Media Company, Sales & Marketing Intern, Summer 2023 (Remote)
  • AXA Investment Managers, Digital Marketing Intern, Summer 2023 (New York, NY)
  • 50 Proof, Consulting Intern, Fall 2023 (Remote)

Post-Graduation Plans: Following my graduation, I will be working at Guidepoint in New York City as a Client Services Associate on the Consulting Team.

Favorite business professor:

My favorite business professor is undoubtedly Rob Lalka. Rob has taught me more about business and entrepreneurship than all my other professors combined. He would guide me at times when I needed it and pushed me at times I did not believe I could accomplish the task at hand. I now understand how to ask better questions, how to deal with difficult people, how to manage seemingly impossible tasks, how to interview people, how to go after what I want, and most importantly, how to stay true to my values in a business setting. I have learned and grown so much with Rob’s help. I still have so much left to learn but he has forever changed the way I think about business. I can only thank Rob for being a great professor, mentor, and supporter and for being honest with me and the rest of our class about the realities of business today in a way that most professors fail to do.

What is the biggest lesson you gained from studying business?

The biggest lessons (I can’t choose just one) I have gained from studying business are the following: (1) always remain curious and ask as many questions as possible (2) always be willing to learn and never stop consuming knowledge, and (3) embrace diverse perspectives and challenging opinions.

What advice would you give to a student looking to major in a business-related field? 

Business is very broad, and you will naturally gravitate towards certain aspects, but don’t run away from others. Also, business can be combined with any industry so don’t forget to explore your other passions. If you’re lucky, you’ll find the intersection between business and your other passion, and a job might just exist that encompasses both. If that job doesn’t exist, ask yourself why it doesn’t and see how you can introduce it to the world.

What has surprised you most about majoring in business? 

I was fortunate that my high school offered a variety of business courses, so I realized early on that I wanted to study business management. However, when I arrived at Tulane, I was surprised by how broad “management” is and that I would have to figure out my niche (I still do not know what my niche is and that is ok). In high school, I had thought I knew exactly what I wanted to do but it turns out that I had, and still have, a lot more to figure out about myself. Nevertheless, majoring in business allowed me to see the freedom and flexibility that my career could offer me.   

Looking back over your experience, what is the one thing you’d do differently in business school and why?

I wish I realized earlier on that I shouldn’t run away from my fears, specifically finance and numbers. If I could go back, I would have taken an extra finance elective or two to push myself further out of my comfort zone.

Which academic, extracurricular or personal achievement are you most proud of?

I am most proud of my overall success during my time at Tulane. With a lot of hard work and effort, I managed to complete both my business degrees and my certificate in 3.5 years (my current courses are strictly for enjoyment) with a near perfect GPA. I have developed relationships with classmates and faculty that will last a lifetime. I have gotten exceptional internship experience and have secured a full-time job right after school, which was a goal I set for myself last year. I have transformed TAMID at Tulane since its inception in 2018 and have certainly made my mark during my time as President (which is still ongoing). I spent a summer working in Tel Aviv and have seen first-hand how different cultures can impact business ventures. I worked together with the Co-Founder and CMO of LittleOne.Care and created a real impact on the company, which is something that most interns would never get the chance to do. I have continued to pursue my passion for music by earning the Principal Flute chair in the Tulane Orchestra for the last three years. I have learned so much about myself in the last four years and am beyond thankful for my time and experience at Tulane. My list of personal and professional goals following university is quite long and I can’t wait to see what the future holds.

Which classmate do you most admire?

I admire Brandi Lee the most. Brandi was one of my co-founders in Rob Lalka’s full-year venture accelerator course. Because Brandi is one year older than me, I had never met Brandi before Rob’s class. While it took a while for Brandi to come out of her shell, I soon learned how creative, savvy, resourceful, meticulous, and brilliant she is. At times when I would stress and panic over a looming deadline, Brandi would calm me down and remind me of my strengths. I owe so much of my experience in Rob’s class to Brandi and if I ever start my own company, which I intend on doing (as stated below), Brandi would be the first person I call to join my team.

Who would you most want to thank for your success?

While it sounds cliché, I would most want to thank my mom for my success. While neither of my parents have a background in business, my mother has worked as a project manager in healthcare for decades. A natural born leader like me, her constant support, ambition, drive, and strength have helped guide me to become the businesswoman I am today.

What are the top two items on your professional bucket list? 

• Work abroad in Europe for a of couple years (preferably as a management consultant)
  • Start my own company or join an early startup and help build it from the ground up.