Community

Community, Featured, Master of Accounting, Programs

Interview with John Silbernagel, Director of Graduate Education

Tell me a little bit of background on yourself. I am a native New Orleanian, born and raised here. I completed my undergraduate degree at LSU where I was a marketing major. I came to Tulane to attend the full-time MBA program. During my graduate studies, I worked in the […]

February 5, 2014 ×

Community, Featured, New Orleans, Programs

Finding Housing in New Orleans

Finding Housing in New Orleans

Finding housing in New Orleans can be daunting, and it can be even worse when you are an international student moving to the States for the first time. With this in mind, we asked some of our current students how they found housing before they moved to Nola. When I […]

January 30, 2014 ×

Community, Experience, Featured, Programs

Kids and Full Time MBA?  No Problem.

Kids and Full Time MBA? No Problem.

If you are considering the full time MBA program, there is a very good chance that you are: in your mid-to-late-twenties, unmarried, ambitious, a few years into a good job, and currently trying to figure out if the Full Time MBA program is the quickest path to the job you […]

January 21, 2014 ×

Community, Featured, Master of Finance, Programs

Earnings Call: Jada Hector, Career Counselor for the Master of Finance

By Tommy Milburn, Master of Finance Candidate 2014 In the last edition of Earnings Call, I talked to Master of Finance Director, Clay Randolph. He said that the number one goal of the faculty and administration “is to equip Tulane MFIN candidates with the skills necessary for the careers that […]

December 23, 2013 ×

Earnings Call: Clay Randolph, Director of the Master of Finance

At any given point, you can find Clay Randolph walking through the halls of Goldring/ Woldenberg II meeting with the faculty who make the Tulane MFIN one of the most competitive programs in the country. As the Director of the MFIN program, Mr. Randolph is charged with the task of […]

December 3, 2013 ×

Community, Featured, Professional MBA, Programs

Alumni Profile: Adam Salup

Alumni Profile: Adam Salup

I attended the program from August 2007-May 2010 and I am currently working as a change manager for DuPont as well as a partner in 2 startup companies. I have always had an interest in business, but never had time to take classes during my time as an engineering undergrad. […]

December 3, 2013 ×

An Introduction from Lin Yang

An Introduction from Lin Yang

My name is Lin Yang and I’m originally from Harbin, China, and was an exchange student in the University of Illinois at Springfield. When I decided to attend the Tulane MFIN, I was thrilled by New Orleans’ cross-culture and multilingual heritage. Imagine yourself wandering the street of the French Quarter, […]

November 19, 2013 ×

Community, Experience, Featured, Finance, Programs

Venture Capital Fellowship and Private Equity Internship

(Above picture (from right): CFO of Fortune 500, Texas-based Susser Holdings (NYSE: SUSS),  Mary Sullivan, and Jordan Dorenfeld, Tulane MBA Student, Class of  2014) Series: “2nd Year MBAs Talk About Their Summer Internships” MBA Student: Jordan Dorenfeld (Cal Poly, B.S. Accounting ’09) Concentration: Finance, Strategic Management, Energy Year: 2nd Year […]

November 8, 2013 ×

Tommy Milburn Welcomes You to the Master of Finance Blog

Tommy Milburn Welcomes You to the Master of Finance Blog

Welcome to the Tulane MFIN Blog! My name is Tommy Milburn and I am currently a Master of Finance candidate at Tulane University. I hail from Warwick, New York. Some may say that Louisiana is a bit of a ways to travel for school, but I’ve always had a little […]

November 6, 2013 ×

Patrick Foran – Director of Graduate Admissions

Patrick Foran – Director of Graduate Admissions

I think of myself as a marketing-business person who works at business schools because I enjoy assisting people in reaching their career goals.  Prior to working for universities I had some interesting and diverse jobs: In the US Coast Guard I was a navigator on a buoytender, a waterways planner […]

November 4, 2013 ×