Community

Community, Featured, Master of Accounting, Programs

Interview with Margie Cartwright, Career Consultant Master of Accounting

Tell me a little about your background. Where did you go to college? What have you been up to since then? I am not from New Orleans and I am not an accountant. I am from Maryland and grew up in the D.C. area. I went to the University of […]

October 24, 2013 ×

Professor Spotlight: Allison Albert

If you walked past her on a street, you would hardly expect Allison Albert to be an Ethics Professor at Tulane University.  Tall and young with beautiful blonde hair, she certainly isn’t your typical college professor.  However, don’t let the any blonde hair stereotypes fool you. Professor Albert’s forensic accounting […]

October 24, 2013 ×

Welcome to the Master of Accounting Blog!

Hi! Welcome to the new Tulane MACCT Blog!  My name is Merrill Ricketts and I am currently enrolled in the MACCT program as a 5th year masters in accounting student. To give you a little bit of background on myself, I recently graduated from Rhodes College in Memphis, TN where […]

October 24, 2013 ×

Welcome to the New Blog for the Master of Accounting Program

Welcome to the new blog for the Master of Accounting program at the Freeman School at Tulane.  My name is Theresa Mysing and I am the Admissions Counselor for the MACCT program.  I manage all MACCT applications from your first inquiry to the time you arrive at Tulane for orientation.  […]

October 24, 2013 ×

Community, Professional MBA, Programs

Patrick Foran – Director of Graduate Admissions

Patrick Foran – Director of Graduate Admissions

I think of myself as a marketing-business person who works at business schools because I enjoy assisting people in reaching their career goals.  Prior to working for universities I had some interesting and diverse jobs: In the US Coast Guard I was a navigator on a buoytender, a waterways planner […]

October 22, 2013 ×

Community, Professional MBA, Programs

Staff Profile: Margarita Ahumada

Staff Profile: Margarita Ahumada

How long have you been at the Freeman School of Business? I’ve been at the Freeman School of Business for 14 years.  I spent my first seven years in the Office of Executive Education and the past seven years in Graduate Admissions.  Currently, I am the contact person for the Professional […]

October 18, 2013 ×

Community, Featured, Professional MBA, Programs

Starting the Year with Professor McCusker

Starting the Year with Professor McCusker

When colleagues ask where I went on vacation this past summer, I tell them I was busy learning how to be a leader, consulting a local brewery in Arnaudville, Louisiana and devising a marketing strategy for The New Orleans Opera.  My class bonded over beer and opera this summer and […]

September 4, 2013 ×

Community, Experience, Featured, New Orleans, Programs

Admitted and Prospective Students Visit Freeman

Admitted and Prospective Students Visit Freeman

Over 20 admitted and prospective MBA students visited Freeman on Friday, March 1.  The next visit is planned for Friday, April 19. Last Friday, over 20 admitted and prospective MBA students visited the Freeman School for a day packed with information about the School, the MBA program and some of […]

March 5, 2013 ×

Community, Experience, Featured, Programs

MBA Candidate Amy Garrick Answers Questions About Her MBA Experience

I recently got to spend time with some accepted students for the class of 2015 and some who were just in the process of applying to the Freeman school of business. I always enjoy meeting potential students because it is fun to see where people are coming from and to […]

March 4, 2013 ×

Community, Experience, Featured, Programs

Black MBA Association Events

Black MBA Association Events

I am writing this blog to share some of the Tulane Black MBA Association’s events of this past year. The Tulane Black MBA is an organization whose purpose is to create educational and professional opportunities for African-American Graduate and Undergraduate Business students at Tulane University. Our goals for the year […]

February 21, 2013 ×