Community

Community, Entrepreneurship, Programs

Entrepreneur Interview: Rachael Kansas

The Levy-Rosenblum Institute of Entrepreneurship is posting a second interview, this time of MBA’11s Rachael Kansas. 1. What do you think all entrepreneurs should know before starting their endeavors? Being an entrepreneur is not glamorous – it’s tough and challenging. But it is also fulfilling and fun if you have the dedication and […]

February 5, 2013 ×

Community, Experience, Programs

Negotiations Class Experience

Hope everyone had a nice holiday season! I am now back in New Orleans for my last semester as a Freeman MBA student. It is bittersweet, but I am excited to see where I will end up. I started this semester taking a five day negotiations course. It was one […]

January 23, 2013 ×

A Freeman Consulting Group Experience

The Freeman Consulting Group (FCG) provides business consulting to local organizations on a non-fee basis. FCG exists through the support of the Tulane Association of Business Alumni and the Levy-Rosenblum Institute for Entrepreneurship. FCG benefits from a richly diverse group of students from Tulane University’s Freeman School of Business […]

January 17, 2013 ×

Community, Entrepreneurship, Programs

Entrepreneur Interviews: Cleaver and Company

The Levy-Rosenblum Institute of Entrepreneurship (LRI) will be posting a monthly interview featuring Freeman entrepreneurs. Our first entrepreneur features MBA’12s  Seth Hamstead and Simone Reggie, owners of Cleaver and Company. 1. What do you think all entrepreneurs should know before start their endeavors? Starting a business is not a […]

December 19, 2012 ×

Community, Finance, Programs

Fiscal Cliff Now or Economic Armageddon Later

Fiscal Cliff Now or Economic Armageddon Later

In light of the recent US “fiscal cliff” and “debt ceiling” discussions I would like to bring the bigger picture of “Economic Armageddon” into view. In the middle of October, Professor Deen Kemsley led a discussion with Freeman students on the longer term outlook of the world economy, and the […]

November 29, 2012 ×

Enlighten Through Travel

On October 1st, the MBA Women International – Tulane Chapter hosted a fundraising event at school. Daniel Paschall took professional head shots for students to use on their LinkedIn, Facebook, blogs, etc. Some of the money was donated to an MBA1 student’s charity, Enlighten through Travel. Lydia Onimo, a first […]

October 15, 2012 ×

Community, Programs

Graduate Business Council 2012-2013

The Graduate Business Council (GBC), of which all graduate business students are members, serves the academic, professional, and personal interests of its membership. The group facilitates interaction and communication among the student body, the administration, the faculty, and the Tulane community. GBC accomplishes its mission by marketing its students, […]

September 17, 2012 ×

Community, Experience, Global, Programs

Summer Blogging

I am entering my 2nd year at the Freeman school at Tulane and spending my summer interning at Shutterfly in California. They sent an offer back in early February, so the time has finally come to begin my 10 week internship. After the first week, it has been an exciting […]

June 18, 2012 ×

Student Profile: Ned Rider

I grew up in Manakin-Sabot, Virginia and attended Collegiate School in Richmond. I attended Washington and Lee University where I majored in history and was a member of the varsity lacrosse team. After graduation, I moved back to Richmond and taught and coached in the Upper School at St. Christopher’s […]

March 6, 2012 ×

Kickball tournament

The Graduate Business Council is dedicated to enhancing all aspects of life as a graduate business student here at Tulane. School socials have ranged from a Halloween party to bowling and dancing at Rock-N-Bowl. This past Saturday, we got out and played some kickball at Monroe Quad. We had MBAs, […]

February 28, 2012 ×